03 December 2008

We made it! Finally

Well, after a long (3 day) trek, we finally made it to Montevideo, Uruguay. Our flight was late leaving Portland so we ended up on a different plane to Seattle, in order for us to make our plane to Miami. Alas, that flight was also late and we missed our plane to Montevideo. Since there is only one flight out per day, we had to stay the night in Miami.

Miami was fun. It is mostly Cuban, at least where we were, and I got my first taste of what it was like to not understand the language.

The flight to Montevideo went by quickly, as we slept most of the way. I think I´m jet-lagged, but I´ve never been that way so I´m not sure. I feel like the house is on water and Leo´s Tio thinks I´m a little crazy.

I don´t have any pictures yet, but we are going out this evening and I´m sure I will take lots then. I think its close to 3 PM here, which makes it about 9 AM in Portland. But again, I´m not sure as I feel like it´s midnight and I´ve been up for days.

I will write more as soon as I can.

Heaps of Love,

Johanna and Leo.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ooh, I'm so excited for you! oh, and I got the job at Charlotte's weddings! Have extra fun for me...